Search
Web
Fay-West.com
Photography
connellsville.com

Articles

By: Connellsville Area Historical Society
Details the streetcar lines that ran through Connellsville.
Added: Feb 2, 2002

By: Connellsville Area Historical Society
Article highlights some of the historical points for a walking tour of Connellsville.
Added: Feb 2, 2002

By: Connellsville Area Historical Society
The first white man in what is now Connellsville was William Crawford.
Added: Feb 2, 2000

By: Connellsville Area Historical Society
The Crawford Cabin has been authentically reconstructed in honor of Colonel William Crawford - soldier, surveyor and pioneer on the frontier.
Added: Feb 2, 2000

By: Connellsville Area Historical Society
Added: Feb 2, 2000

By: Connellsville Area Historical Society
The proximity to the head of navigation on the Youghiogheny River assured the new settlement of a steady business of flat boat building. As more people settled in this area, enterprising men started businesses to supply the population with the items needed for a growing economy.
Added: Feb 2, 2000

By: Jim Kriek
Added: Feb 2, 2000

By: Connellsville Area Historical Society
William Stewart settled on the western shore of the Youghiogheny River, which area is now considered the "West Side" of Connellsville in 1753, approximately at the same time Gist settled on his "Mt. Braddock" home site. Area was known as "Stewart's Crossing" for many years.
Added: Feb 2, 2000

By: Connellsville Area Historical Society
Zachariah Connell, the founder of Connellsville, was one of the earliest settlers in the region. Born in 1741 near Winchester, Frederick County, Virginia, he settled in present day Fayette County sometime after 1770.
Added: Feb 2, 2000

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: Willard L. Lewis
Article taken from the Sesquicentennial Souvenir Program published in 1956.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

 
©1997-2016 Fay-West.com. All Rights Reserved.
Link to Us | Copyright Statement | Privacy Policy