Search
Web
Fay-West.com
Photography
connellsville.com

Articles

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
Before the Borough of South Connellsville was on any map ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
Of the six tracts that are a part of South Connellsville Borough today ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
Other people had come to this area earlier. A stone house situated on Hyndman Street in the Borough ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
As the manufacturing plants developed, people started to build in the area ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
More houses would be built for the people who would come to work in the manufacturing plants ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
Another firm that located in South Connellsville was the ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
The first glass company in South Connellsville was Ripley Glass, established about ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
South Connellsville also had a number of stone quarries that produced jobs for the people ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
A number of people came with Casparis and settled on the mountain above South Connellsville ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
The stockyards built by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company in the early 1900's ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
It is hard to imagine that in 1882 there were only three schools in Connellsville Township ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
White Rock, as South Connellsville was called in the early 1900's, also had its churches ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
People worked for long hours in those times, but there was still time for leisure, and a landmark of the early 1900's was Soisson Park, advertised as "The People's Pleasure Retreat".
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
In 1911 the Borough of South Connellsville was incorporated ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
A short time later, forward-looking citizens realized the need for a fire department in the borough and on September 14, 1914, the South Connellsville Volunteer Fire Department was organized.
Added: Mar 21, 1998

By: A History of South Connellsville 1976
As South Connellsville grew in population ...
Added: Mar 21, 1998

 
©1997-2016 Fay-West.com. All Rights Reserved.
Link to Us | Copyright Statement | Privacy Policy